This city considered the following agenda items at the February 13, 2018, Houston Council Meeting. The agenda items include various contracts for a large scale water line construction project throughout the city of Houston and a contract to transport industrial waste. Continue reading
Looking for Valentine’s Day ideas?
- RedBuds Date Auction: The 9th Annual Date Auction, on Feb. 8, 2018, will benefit Trees For Houston. Join them at Irish Cowboy for a chance to win a date package filled with treats from Houston’s most trending local spots to share with one of Houston’s hottest Bachelors or Bachelorettes. Visit facebook for more info.
- Tapas on the Trails: For two nights, Feb. 9 and 10, Houston Arboretum & Nature Center’s always popular Tapas on the Trails is back for Valentine’s Day 2018. Bring your special someone for a romantic evening getaway without leaving the city. Learn more at houstonarboretum.org.
- Valentine’s Dinner benefiting Friends of Texas Wildlife. Celebrate this romantic holiday by helping Friends of Texas Wildlife prepare for the upcoming baby season. Friends of Texas Wildlife’s 3rd Annual Valentine Dinner will be on Saturday, February 10, 2018, at The Woodlands Resort. Learn more on the Friends of Texas Wildlife Facebook page.
- Frisky Fauna–Romance & Mating in the Animal Kingdom: Are you looking for an unusual and interesting way to celebrate Valentine’s Day? On Feb. 10, 2018, join Nature Discovery Center for a fun and slightly off-color presentation about love and courtship in the animal kingdom. Adults only! Learn more and register at naturediscoverycenter.org.
- Valentine’s Day Dinner at Hermann Park: Bring your sweetheart to Hermann
Park this Valentine’s Day for a charming evening on Pinewood Cafe’s terrace. Continue the fun on a half-hour cruise for two in a pedal boat on the lake. Learn more at hermannpark.org.
- Mercer Society’s Valentine’s Day Rose Sale: Get your Valentine a beautiful Rose bush to jump start their spring planting season and bloom with your love. Learn more and order at themercersociety.org.
- Happy Hearts at the Houston Zoo: Get ready for this February’s sweetheart safari! On Feb. 22, 2018, kids can fall head over paws in love with clouded leopards, cougars, and jaguars, then create your very own Valentine for a Houston Zoo Animal. Register at houstonzoo.org.
- Adopt a Bat: Bat Conservation International’s Adopt-a- bat program offers a fun
way to introduce the young and the young-at- heart to the world of bats. (Bat
adoption is symbolic. You will not receive a live bat.) Learn more at batcon.org.
Cedric Rucker is a first-year Graphic Design and Digital Media major at the University of Houston. Cedric’s long term ambitions are to either become a freelance graphic designer, or to work as a video game concept artist and character designer. He is an avid fan of video games, reading, drawing, all things steak related, and the Houston Rockets. He can typically be found engaging in at least one of the above, all of the above, or all of the above while also sleeping. Yeah, we have no idea how that works either. Despite his seemingly eternal state of sleepiness, Cedric is ready and willing to help assist the Citizens’ Environmental Coalition through his designs and artwork. He can be reached at [email protected]