212 Parkview St
Houston, TX 77009
Want to have fun and help people?! Come out and join the party: The Cranksgiving party!
Cranksgiving HTX is a scavenger hunt and food drive on bikes. The event started in New York and is now a nationwide pre-Thanksgiving tradition. We’ve done it in Houston for three years, and this year, we want to make it bigger and better!
HOW IT WORKS
- Cranksgiving HTZ is a free event, where teams of 2 will scavenge for pre-selected items at predetermined grocery stores.
- Each participant will be handed a manifest containing the list and point values for the items to be retrieved within the 2 hours allotted time.
- Paniers, messenger bags, or backpacks are a must.
- Receipts will be used to tally up the points.
- There will also be a required roadblock stop where participants perform some fun feat before continuing.
- Group with the most # of riders
- Most Generous
- Heaviest Haul
- Fastest Team
The scavenger hunt participation is free but expects purchases between $12-$15 per participant. You are welcome to be as generous as possible. Everyone wins just by participating!
If you want to join us for the food drive and festivities, just show up! If you can, please bring some non-perishables from your pantry. All items will be donated to a non-profit organization. (Organization TBA)