| Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Houston Racquet Club
11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Since 1997, the Citizens’ Environmental Coalition has hosted the annual Synergy Awards Luncheon to recognize local individuals and organizations for their notable environmental projects and achievements.
Coming soon: sponsorship forms, invitations, etc.
Nominations are now open! Nominations due on August 1, 2011. Nomination form and more information.
Synergy Award Categories
In 2011, in celebration of 40 years since its incorporation, CEC will recognize one or more individuals, organizations, projects, events, or achievements for their significance to the environmental community and well-being of the 13-county region since CEC’s founding in 1971.
- Army and Sarah Emmott Environmental Conservation Award is given to an organization or individual for outstanding work in the field of conservation.
- The Community Activist Award is presented to an individual who has worked at the grassroots level to improve our environment.
- The Media Award is presented to an organization or individual for outstanding efforts in the field of environmental reporting.
- The Business Awareness Award is presented to a corporation that has shown exemplary sensitivity to and awareness of our environment. May be awarded to large and/or small organizations.
- The Environmental Education Award is presented to an organization or individual for outstanding efforts in bringing environmental awareness to the classroom.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award is meant to recognize an individual who has demonstrated a lifelong commitment to the environment.
- The Government Award is given to a government agency or an individual employed by the government for outstanding support of the environment.
- The Sustainability Award, introduced in 2002, recognizes an individual or group that has made a consistent effort to include sustainable ideas in local planning efforts.
- The Founders’ Award recognizes an individual selected by the founders of the CEC.
- The President’s Award is presented to an individual selected by the CEC President.