A meeting of the Harris County Commissioners Court was held on Tuesday, October 9, 2018, in the Courtroom of the Commissioners Court of Harris County for the purpose of considering and taking action on matters brought before the Court. The agenda items include multiple recommendations and requests from the County Engineer, Flood Control District, Grants Department, Fiscal Services & Purchasing Department, and the Commissioners Court itself. The majority of the proposed agenda items concern various forms of flood control and mitigation projects as well as the appropriations requests required to fund them. The entire Harris County Commissioners Court agenda can be found at agenda.harriscountytx.gov. The next meetings is scheduled for October 23, 2018.
The Harris County Commissioners Court Agenda considered the following agenda item at the August 14, 2018, meeting. The agenda included:
Recommendations from the county engineer that the court approve certain projects, decrees of public necessity and convenience, acquisition of specific properties, and authorizing eminent domain if necessary:
- 245 tracts for the Hurricane Harvey Hazard Mitigation Grant Program Disaster recovery project in all precincts for the flood control district
- 2 tracts Red Bluff Road evacuation route project in Precinct 2
- 2 tracts for Cypress Greenway in Precinct 4.
Recommendations that the County Judge execute amendments and partnership agreements with:
- Costello, Inc., in the amount of $329,119 for engineering services for improvements to the Brays Bayou pedestrian bike bridge near Stella Link and Glen Harbor in Precinct 1.
- LJA Engineering, Inc., in the amount of $304,790 for engineering services for improvements to the Cypress Creek Greenway north and south hike and bike trails at the SH-249 underpass in Precinct 4.
- Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 423 for the submerged storm sewer system agreement serving Balmoral, Section 15 in Precinct 2.
- Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 489 for the submerged storm sewer system agreement serving Bridgeland Parkland Village, Section 19 in Precinct 3.
- Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 489 for the submerged storm sewer system agreement serving Bridgeland Summit Point Crossing, Section 4 street dedication in Precinct 3.
- Northwest Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 5 for the submerged storm sewer system agreement serving Copper Ridge at Indian Trails, Section 1 in Precinct 4
- BIO/WEST, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $100,000, with a $100 retainer fee, for environmental consulting services in support of county-wide district projects
Recommendation for approval of changes in contracts with:
- AAA Asphlat Paving Inc., for final constructions of Archbishop Fiorenza Park on North Bank Trail at Windchase Boulevard in Precinct 3, with an addition of $954 to the contract amount
Recommendation for authorization to retain financial surety, and repair and maintain infrastructure for:
- Taylor Morrison of Texas, Inc., in the amount of $2,010 for Alder Trails, Section 9 in Precinct 3.