Air Alliance Houston is the Houston region’s leading environmental health and air quality nonprofit. Our mission is to reduce air pollution in the Houston region to protect public health and environmental integrity through research, education and advocacy. We are seeking a motivated individual to teach our three educational cross collaborative lesson plans.
The Teaching Artist will work independently and in conjunction with Air Alliance staff on ongoing programs and new initiatives. Our existing programs require skillful program management, attendance at stakeholder and community meetings, and support of educational and outreach activities.
This position will encompass a broad range of issues that includes public health, quality of life, community relations, grassroots outreach, education, written and oral advocacy, and organizing. Intellectual and professional flexibility between fields and disciplines is required, but experience in all of these fields is not.
- Some local travel in and around the Houston area is required. Working evenings and/or weekends will be required periodically.
- Some administrative support in coordination with other Air Alliance Houston staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superior communication skills—oral and written—are a must. A successful Teaching Artist is able to communicate effectively.
- Close vision with or without corrective lenses necessary for computer work.
- Ability to perform assigned duties in a time-efficient manner.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Two to three years experience in the education field.
- Experience with school schedules and time keeping.
- Spanish language fluency is highly desired, but not required.
- Experience with web administration and management, including social media, is desirable.
Air Alliance Houston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, political belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, or class. People of color and indigenous people are strongly encouraged to apply. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Interested applicants should send complete resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.