We’d like to invite you to learn more about how communities throughout the Houston-Galveston region are revitalizing their downtowns at H-GAC’s Bringing Back Main Street: Revitalization Roundtable on Tuesday, October 24.
During this roundtable, the Texas Historical Commission will present ways they support local downtown commercial districts and their small business tenants.
Emily Koller will talk about DowntownTX.org, a new tool from the commission that showcases downtown real estate and acts as a data clearinghouse for Main Street programs, economic development coordinators, chambers of commerce, and others.
Not only will you hear about exciting innovative programs, there will be an opportunity to network with others working to improve our region’s downtowns.
Turtle Island conducts shark tagging and migration research at Cocos Island, Costa Rica, one of the world’s top locations sharks, rays and other marine wildlife. Check out this video to view the wonders of nature at Cocos Island.
This research helps us fight for better shark protections, and is made possible by dive research assistants, who work alongside leading conservationists to help learn where endangered hammerhead sharks and other species spend their lives.
Now, we are announcing a raffle to win a space on a Cocos Island Research Expedition this December 3 to 13, 2017!
Purchase a raffle ticket for $100 and you will have a 1 in 100 chance to win a space on this 10-day scuba research expedition.
Check out these special ticket offers:
– Purchase five tickets ($500) and receive one free ticket.
– Sell five tickets to friends and you will receive one free ticket. Make sure your friends let us know you told them about the raffle.
There are several ways to purchase your raffle tickets. To purchase or for more information, please:
- Email us at email@example.com with your phone number and 3 good times to reach you — we will then call you back to process your credit card purchase by phone
- Or call 800-859-7283 x 101 during business hours (Pacific Standard time)
- Or Click here to download a pdf form and mail it to Turtle Island, PO Box 370, Forest Knolls CA 94933
- Or fax it to 415-663-8534.
- Click here to learn more.
A place on this research expedition is regularly priced at $5,785 and includes all meals and nitrox refills, transportation from your hotel to the dock and a Cocos Island National Marine Park dive permit. Participants must be experienced SCUBA divers — please pass this along to any divers you know. This raffle provides needed funds for tracking tags, satellite tracking and other research expenses.
The raffle drawing will be conducted using a random number generator offering a 1 in 100 chance to win. The drawing will be held on Friday, October 6 or sooner if all tickets are sold. We will notify the winner immediately.