This workshop is for landowners, real estate professionals, attorneys, advisors, natural resource professionals, and city or county officials to learn about conservation easements and land preservation.
- Why save land on the Urban Edge? What is the Coastal Prairie and How Does it Benefit my Community?
- What is a Conservation Easement? What is a Land Trust?
- Top 10 Issues of Which any Landowner Should be Aware
- Effects of Land Fragmentation
- Saving Land and Saving Taxes – Income, Estate, and Property; The Appraisal Process
- Funding Sources for Land Preservation, Conservation Easements, and Restoration
Registration is required.
Cost: $15 – Registration includes BBQ lunch
For more information, please visit Katy Prairie Conservancy’s Conservation Easement Workshop.
Come join Bayou Land Conservancy on November 11, 2017, as they celebrate another successful year of conserving land along our bayous, creeks and streams at their “Swamp Thing Gala.” You might even learn some fun facts about wetlands and all the critters and plants that live there. Share a night of inspiration with co-workers, clients, friends and nature lovers. Who knows, you could catch a glimpse of the mysterious “swamp thing”! The event will be held at the beautiful Southwestern Energy Headquarters, a 26-acre property located adjacent to the Spring Creek Greenway just off I-45. The grounds are planted with native plants and grasses that are irrigated with water from the nearby retention ponds. The sites serves as an excellent example of environmentally friendly actions that we can all employ. Tickets and sponsorships are on sale and can be purchased online at bayoulandconservancy.secure.force.com.