Please plant to attend Earth Day Houston on Sunday, April 22, 2018, from noon to 6 p.m. at Discovery Green! Hosted in partnership with the Citizens’ Environmental Coalition, Discovery Green’s citywide Earth Day celebration–presented by Green Mountain Energy–is designed to inspire, educate, and encourage action.
- Over eighty exhibitors and a foodie farmers market with dozens of vendors.
- Earth Talks: Short, engaging talks from local experts about compelling environmental issues. Speakers include Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner, tropical disease expert Dr. Peter Hotez, plastic pollution youth advocates Caolin and Lila, sustainable design house Magpies & Peacocks, NASA, HARC’s Lisa Gonzalez, and more.
- Compost, recyclables, and trash: Volunteer recycling ambassadors will help visitors make wise disposal choices. While Earth Day Houston 2018 won’t be a zero-waste event, we are setting a baseline for future events by tracking and weighing all garbage destined for the landfill–and measuring waste being diverted for recycling and composting.
- Make a difference: You will be challenged to make commitments to protecting and improving our environment. And if doing good isn’t enough, we’ll have prizes.
- Acoustic music and pop-up activities–including live animal and plant demonstrations, story time, an electric car petting zoo, recycling superheroes, and functioning solar panels–throughout the day.
- Alternative transportation, including bike rides, a bike valet, and Metro passes will be available.
If you are interested in being a sponsor or corporate volunteering, please email [email protected]