In 2017, CEC will be hosting the Greater Houston Environmental Summit on Friday, August 4, 2017, from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm at the Community Resource Center at the United Way of Greater Houston.
Read more about our speakers in this Google Document.
- Vince Ryan, Harris County Attorney
- Tina Paez, Director of Administration and Regulatory Affairs, City of Houston, on behalf of Mayor Turner
- The Hot Topic of Climate Change: an opening panel in celebration of the 25th anniversary of Earthshare of Texas
- Elizabeth Love, Senior Program Officer at Houston Endowment, on Environmental Philanthropy Today
In addition to excellent keynote presentations and panels, we will again offer small-format table talks. Table Talk facilitators include:
- Kathleen Ownby of SPARK School Park Program and Marlon Connley of Trust for Public Land, on park equity
- Karly Robinson, True to Texas Coalition, on alternative funding for wildlife conservation
- Donelle Williams, Houston ISD Elementary Curriculum and Development Office
- Erin Kinney, HARC, on the health of Galveston Bay
- Gavin Dillingham and Marina Badoian-Kriticos, HARC, on climate resilience
- Claire Gottsegen, CEC policy and research intern, on endangered species in the Houston region
- Jim Olive, photographer, on the Environmental Photographers Mentoring Program
- Dr. Bakeyah Nelson of Air Alliance Houston on concrete batch plants in our back yard
- Nicole Buergers, of Bee2bee Honey, on To Beekeep or Not to Beekeep – Everyday Things You Can Do to Help Pollinators in Houston
- Sherry Weesner of Scenic Houston on Activism at the Local Level
- Carol Burrus, Interfaith Environmental Network of Houston
- Asha John, CEC Board Member
Environmental Education Expo:
We are partnering with a variety of environmental education collaboratives to offer an Environmental Education Expo for teachers and informal educators.