Title: Green Professional Building Skills Training
Location: U.S. Green Building Council – Texas GuGreen Building Resource Center, 1002 Washington Street
Link out: Click here
Description: Please note, this can be extended to a two day course. Attendees can choose to participate in Fundamentals of Building Green only, or Fundamentals of Building Green and Construction Management. For more information and to register for the Contruction Management course click here.
Day 1: FUNDAMENTALS OF BUILDING GREEN: October 22nd
PART A: SUSTAINABILITY
1. Why Green Building?
2. Climate Change: Causes & Impacts
3. Our Natural Resources: Sustainability Challenges
4. The History of Environmental Protection
5. Continuing the Road to Sustainability
PART B: GREEN BUILDING
6. How Do We Know It’s Green?
7. Codes and Standards: Ensuring Performance
8. Applying Sustainability: Using LEED Credits
PART C: YOUR ROLE IN BUILDING GREEN
9. Construction Activity Pollution Prevention
10. Construction Waste Management
11. Construction Indoor Air Quality
Member Price: $235.00/person
Non-Member Price: $300.00/person
Start Time: 09:00
End Time: 17:00