The Visions for a Greener Houston 2012 event, sponsored by Reliant and Green Bank, produced a great showing of environmental participation and cooperation. The afternoon began with CEC’s Annual Meeting of our membership, and a new slate of officers was approved.
Over 50 CEC member groups and many other individuals and companies participated in 8 different working sessions to formulate actionable goals for the immediate year ahead. Issue areas discussed were:
- Food and Native Plants
- Waste and Recycling
- Energy Alternatives and Efficiencies
- Bayous, Bays, Watershed and Flooding
- Transportation, Urban Development and Blight
- Building and Sustainability
- Land, Prairies, Parks and Greenspace
- Air and Water Quality and Supply
We are currently compiling the meeting notes and will share these in the very near future, as soon as they are complete. Thank you for your enthusiastic response to this call for consensus goal-setting for the betterment of our community at large!