This part-time position is based in San Antonio, and two openings are available. Children’s Playleaders work within the Education Department of the San Antonio Zoo, to facilitate nature-based children’s play in the Zoo’s children’s exhibit. Childrens Playleaders are responsible for performing a variety of functions, including facilitating exhibit exploration, leading activities, developing and implementing nature activities, presenting animals, engaging in story telling, and much more. The Childrens Playleader reports to the Guest Encounters Curator. Click here to apply.
Scroll down to read notes from our member organizations and the community, or view the emailed version of the newsletter.
Banner photo credit: Work on White Oak Bayou Trail posted on Houston Parks Board’s facebook page. A great deal of work has been done since this photo was taken in anticipation of the ribbon cutting this Friday. Pedal on over!
With the approach of the winter holidays and the season of giving, have you considered giving back? Well here’s a great opportunity to do just that: give back!
We hope you’ll consider donating to the CEC and help us continue our efforts to support the Houston environmental community in 2017.
You donation will enable us to
- Publish the Houston Environmental Newsletter, our weekly e-newsletter
- Distribute the Environmental Resource Guide, which offer invaluable information on hundreds of environmental groups in the Houston/Gulf Coast region
- Host exciting events for the environmental community such as the Wild & Scenic Film Festival on Tour and the Greater Houston Environmental Summit
- Keep you posted on the latest green jobs in the region
We still need a total of $5,000 before the end of the year, and with your help we can get there. Any gift, large or small, helps us to reach our goal. In fact, it only takes a donation of $40 to become and individual member of the CEC.
Through December 31, 2016, donate with PayPal Giving Fund and 101% of your donation will be given directly to the CEC. You can also send a check made out to the CEC to PO Box 702, Houston, TX 77001.
- Coalition for the Planet. With recent news, are you scared for the future of the EPA? Do you want to stand for Standing Rock? Are you concerned about climate change and its impact on our planet for future generations? Do you trust corporations or our government to do the right thing on their own? Join the Citizens’ Environmental Coalition to talk about these concerns and how you can help.Your presence will be integral to show that our environmental community cares about the quality of life locally and globally. We will gather at Woodland Park at 5:30 pm on Saturday, Dec. 10, 2016. Parking will be limited so take the #44 Metro Bus, carpool, or arrive early. At 6:15 we will walk the route of the Lights in the Heights. Bring your own candle (a limited number of LED candles will be available). Learn more and RSVP on CEC’s facebook event page or on Eventbrite. Be the change!
- Support CEC at Ten Thousand Villages on Dec. 14, 2016. Please join CEC at Ten Thousand Villages in the Rice Village for a Holiday Shopping Night on Dec. 14, 2016, from 6 pm to 8 pm. Ten Thousand Villages will donate 15% of that evening’s net sales to the CEC. Come say hi and grab a cookie while you are shopping. Support the environmental community at the same time you support fair trade for artisans in developing nations–and buy some great gifts, too!
- Tickets make great gifts!
Tickets are now on sale for the Wild & Scenic Film Festival On Tour, on January 25 & 26, 2017! We’ll show 24 short films over two nights, including local films.Buy tickets at cecfilmfest2017.eventbrite.com. Learn more about the event at cechouston.org, and check out our facebook page for the latest updates.
This position is based in Austin, TX. Responsibilities include campaign coordination, coalition building, grassroots mobilization, utilizing media across internet and traditional platforms to increase visibility and awarness, and fundraising. Visit jobs.environmentamerica.org for a full job description, and instructions on how to apply.